Thursday, November 20, 2014

Police Violence

Nov. 8, 2014:

I've just read a "diary" on the Daily KOS (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/06/1342660/-Two-drastically-different-ways-police-can-subdue-a-man-armed-with-a-knife?detail=email) that I found profoundly disturbing.  I urge the reader to go there and read this article and view the videos.   ...
OK - now that you've read this and played the videos do you still wonder why this nation is viewed in the world as violent and savagely uncivilized?  What part of "serve and protect" don't these officers understand?  And regarding the cops in Saginaw, MI:  have any of them received basic firearms training?  I mean, 1 out of 3 hits on an unarmed man 20 feet away who didn't even run or dodge? Really? I was a better shot than any of them when I was 12 years old and had never fired a gun before!  (True - I out-shot my Dad, who was an expert ex-Army WWII vet.)  And I don't own anything more powerful than a pellet gun (for chasing squirrels off the bird feeder), now.

Here's my solution to this problem :  Make it a federal crime for a police officer to use a firearm on any person not pointing or threatening with a firearm.  Hey, that's why the Taser was invented, after all, folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment